Volunteering your time can make a real difference in a young person’s life. As a volunteer, it can also make a real difference in your life. There are many opportunities to share your time and talents as a dependable volunteer at the Clubhouse or Teen Center.
Through our volunteer opportunities you can benefit from:
- Positively impacting the lives of our youth.
- Becoming a role model.
- Helping to provide a fun and safe environment for our youth.
- Demonstrating your commitment to helping the community.
- Gaining valuable life experience and skills.
- Meeting new people.
Volunteers at the Boys & Girls Club of Whittier get the training and support they need to be a successful part of our clubs and the lives of our members. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available to match your interests, time availability, and desired location.
Available Volunteer Opportunities
- Lunch Service (summer only) – Clubhouse
- Handiman – Clubhouse and Teen Center
- Coaching basketball, volleyball and soccer teams
- Arts and Crafts Workshops – Clubhouse
- Cooking for Kids (snacks, meals, etc.) – Clubhouse and Teen Center
- Special Events for our members (carnivals, barbecues, etc.)
All Volunteer Applications will be:
- Reviewed in a timely manner;
- Applicants will be contacted to come in for an interview;
- If a volunteer position is available and the applicant is a good match, then they will be placed.
- Before starting a volunteer position at the Boys & Girls Club, applicants will be required to attend a one (1) hour orientation, show proof of a current TB test (within 12 months), and pass a basic background check (only for applicants who are 18 years or older.
For more information about our Volunteer Program, Please contact Susan Halliday, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our Internship Program, please contact Ciara Hutchins, Program Specialist, at Ciara@bgcw.org
For more information about Teen Volunteering or Senior Projects please contact Martin Walker, Teen Coordinator, at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the Boys & Girls Club of Whittier